One of Boyd Grain's acquisitions was the Plainville Mill and Elevator in Plainville, IN. The mill was built in 1910 by the Frank Morgan Family, at which time there were nearly 400 mills in Indiana. Liberty Brand Family Flour was the principle brand in the early years, and a brisk cookie and cracker flour trade was developed later. Frank Morgan was the principle owner-operator of the mill and elevator for about fifty years, at which time other interests operated the business until John Buzan bought the property in the early 1970's.
The Graham brothers of Washington, IN bought the mill and elevator in the late 1970's and added bulk flour storage and transport capacity. In 1986, the Grahams entered into a lease operation agreement with The Robertson Corporation of Brownstown, IN. The mill's entire production and bulk transport facilities were operated entirely as a supply unit of Robertson's Special Adhesive Extender Business.
In early1995, Boyd Grain purchased the Plainville Mill and elevator from the Graham interests, and on February 3, 1995 the Robertson-Plainville (Graham) Agreement was extended into an agreement between Boyd and Robertson.
Today, the elevator is strictly grain storage with 2.5 Million bushels of space and is managed by Marv Knepp who has been with Boyds since 1979. Call 812-687-7254 to learn more.